Position Type: Full-time, Non-exempt, 34 hours (Wednesday through Saturday)
Locations: Hastings, Minnesota
Reports To: Lewis House Supervisor
Pay Range: $18.54 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
Provide resources/referral/support to individuals and families who have experienced domestic abuse and/or sexual assault. This includes promoting safety planning for the individual and/or their children, as well as goal planning for these individuals including but not limited to: securing housing, employment, assistance in submission of orders for protection.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Maintains safety and security within the Lewis House.
- Completes intakes with individuals and families seeking services.
- Provides appropriate services in response to intake, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or on areferral basis to outside agencies.
- Maintains accurate logs and date for statistical purposes as well as narratives for service delivery provisions.
- Provides support as identified in Intake forms.
- Collects data with respect to the program evaluation including assessment date, progress, and support provided.
- Respond to the hospital for domestic and sexual assault exams during scheduled work times, and/or as directed by thesupervisor.
- Arranges for and accompanies individuals to appointments when necessary.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in implementation of activities for individuals and their families utilizing services.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University, or one to two years related experience and/or training; orequivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision making skills.
- Secondary language preferred.
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics andstandards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognizeaccomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities.Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limiteddirection may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Includeappropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; completeassigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present andinterpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfillvision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspirationto peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical office environment, exposure to fax machines and copiers, computers, scanners and printers.
- Shelter environment.
- Work requires a high level of emotional capacity.
- Requires hearing traumatic and personal life stories.
- Employee is subject to minimal noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb stairs, bend, kneel, sit onthe floor, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 25 lbs.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.