Hours: 32 hours/ week, may include some nights and weekends
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Locations: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
Summary: The principal purpose of this position is to provide Child Care Aware services for Dakota County Licensed Early Childhood Programs in the promotion and implementation of Parent Aware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Follow all mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Promote Parent Aware Quality Rating and Improvement System by disseminating information to Early Childhood Programs, parents and community members in Dakota County using standardized tools.
- Recruit Early Childhood programs to participate in the Parent Aware program.
- Provide quality coaching and technical assistance services using the Parent Aware- Building Quality Coaching/Advising process to licensed Early Childhood programs in Dakota County to help them achieve a star rating.
- Attends District, State and other Child Care Aware meetings/trainings and all 360 Communities meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Completes and maintains accurate paperwork and tools to help monitor progress and measure outcomes as needed for statistical and reporting purposes.
- Attends all training sessions as needed or as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
Education and/or Experience:
- Secondary language – Somali Required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Early Childhood, Child Development, Parent Education, or related field from four-year College or University; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision making skills.
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Professional Abilities and Skills
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Typical office environment, exposure to fax machines and copiers, computers, scanners and printers.
- Child Care Center environment.
- Home setting environment.
- Employee is subject to minimal noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 25 lbs.
- May require independent travel to other locations with unknown environmental conditions and noise levels.
- May require travel outside of Dakota County.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.