Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, exempt
Pay Range: Starting at $42,000 per year
Location: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: open until filled
About the Organization: 360 Communities is a growing and innovative nonprofit founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers providing services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation. Our staff and volunteers work with the community and strive to fulfill our mission daily.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
360 Communities is looking for a gifted and creative storyteller to join our organization as a Communications Specialist. The role of the Communications Specialist is to support the organization’s marketing and communications strategy by driving a greater understanding of 360 Communities mission across digital and print platforms. The Communications Specialist will utilize their multimedia skills to reach new audiences and inspire meaningful engagement with our brand.
This position is primarily a remote position but does require independent travel to other site locations.
Description of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
- Collect, write, produce, and edit stories that represent the 360 Communities mission and values.
- Assist in the development and implementation of digital strategy with the purpose to increase audience engagement, social media interactions, and new followers.
- Post and maintain content on the agency website and social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr.
- Safeguard the integrity of the 360 Communities brand on online and other digital platforms.
- Interact with agency stakeholders on social media platforms.
- Assist with the design and proofing of print collateral, including newsletters, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as delegated.
Required Qualifications – Position Specific
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Three years minimum experience driving a multi-channel social media strategy that inspired meaningful engagement and reached new and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and editing, with strong attention to detail
- Sound editorial judgement. Ability to collect, create, and communicate stories that illustrate the mission and core values of the organization.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how audiences interact differently on each platform.
- Creativity and innovation; the ability to step outside of comfort zones and try new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Team player with strong prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of and basic experience with the following:
- AP Style
- WordPress or other website content management systems and plugins
- Mass email platforms such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Graphic design – Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Videography – FinalCut or Adobe Premiere
- Google Analytics and other social insight tools
- Working with socially, economically, or culturally diverse populations
- Microsoft Office
- Online collaboration tools such as Trello and Slack
Required Professional Skills and Abilities – Agency Specific
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, acceptable driving record, and personal auto insurance with limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check prior to employment.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.