Position Type: Hourly
Locations: Dakota County, MN
Closing Date: August 23, 2019
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The purpose of this position is to raise community awareness about domestic and sexual violence and aid in its prevention and intervention by developing, implementing and facilitating healthy relationships curriculum in schools and other community-based presentations. This position is a form of outreach and will link individuals to 360 Communities services.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Provide on-going development and implementation of healthy relationships curriculum and other curriculum supporting agency initiatives.
- Assist in developing and implementing an outreach plan to raise awareness about domestic and sexual violence and 360 Communities services
- Build relationships with school districts/schools and community organizations in order to establish healthy relationships curriculum presentations.
- Provide effective education and facilitation of healthy relationships curriculum through presentations to youth, school stakeholders, and other community members.
- Evaluate and update curriculum content through research and receiving feedback from youth, schools and community partners to reflect recent trends.
- Provide community education on 360 Communities program and services, the effects of violence on children, dating violence/healthy relationships and peaceful conflict resolution in schools and other community sites as requested and/or directed.
- Respond to victims who self-identify during or after presentations and link them directly to supports and services
- Support Violence Prevention and Intervention program objectives, growth, and outcomes through curriculum evaluation and by sharing feedback with the Violence Prevention and Intervention team.
- Seek out and participate in various community events to educate and bring awareness to the importance of healthy relationships.
- Encourage the involvement of youth in the violence prevention movement through education and relationship building.
- Assist with the program planning for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with partnering organizations, including coalitions and other violence prevention agencies.
- Follow all mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working and presenting in the Domestice and Sexual Violence field
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision making skills.
- Secondary language preferred.
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.