Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, exempt
Pay Range: $60,000 – $70,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications
Location: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Manager is responsible for leading the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives of the organization. This manager will partner with various teams and individuals to develop DEI strategies and further DEI efforts. They will build strong relationships with diverse community partners.
Description of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
- Demonstrate a deep personal understanding of DEI with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Partner with the executive team to set direction, manage and coordinate DEI strategies and initiatives.
- Champion the successful advancement of principles related to DEI strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to receive and share information in several formats from and with a wide range of audiences.
- Organize and lead the internal Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Workgroup (DEIB).
- Develop and lead strategic DEI staff and volunteer training and development, including IDI, to build fluency in the areas of inclusion and diversity.
- Partner with leaders to ensure equitable service delivery.
- Partner with Human Resources Manager to embed DEI objectives throughout human resources strategy, policies, practices, and objectives.
- Maneuver comfortably through complex processes and people related organizational dynamics to influence change.
Required Professional Abilities and Skills – Agency Specific
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and take advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost-saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Professional Abilities and Skills – Position Specific
- Passion for inclusion and equity.
- Ability to create and implement organizational strategic plans.
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Organizational Development, Human Resources, or a related combination of experience and education.
- 2+ years of experience specific to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with a record of promoting, developing, and facilitating successful DEI strategies and programs across a diverse population of team members.
- Experience building a welcoming and engaging workplace culture.
- Strong analytical, strategic, problem-solving skills and execution skills.
- Proficiency in PC and widely used software packages, such as MS Office Suite.
- Previous nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.