Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, exempt
Pay Range: $47,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications
Location: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization:
360 Communities is a growing and innovative nonprofit founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers providing services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The Development Database Coordinator is responsible for the management of the organization’s donor database. They assist the Director of Development with donor data management, data analysis, donor gift acknowledgment, and fundraising for the organization.
Description of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
- Responsible for the full range of activities required to administer the ResultsPlus donor database, including but not limited to installing and maintaining ResultsPlus software, data hygiene, training new users, developing a user manual, building new tables and reports, and improving processes.
- Query ResultsPlus database to create ad hoc reports, segment donors, and identify lapsed donors, first-time donors, consistent donors, and long-time donors.
- Maintain accurate events data in Projects in ResultsPlus.
- Export accurate donor lists from the ResultsPlus database for mailings, event invitations, donor appreciation, etc.
- Research best practices to strengthen development strategies.
- Provide data analytics as requested for both development and programmatic data.
- Daily gift entry into ResultsPlus cash receipt database – including cash, website gifts, credit card gifts, EFT’s and gift cards.
- Oversee in-kind gift entry.
- Manage the gift acknowledgment process, ensuring all donors get thanked properly and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
Required Professional Abilities and Skills – Agency Specific
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and take advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost-saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and one to two years related experience is preferred; experience of five or more years of training, education, or experience in the field of database management and research will also be considered, in lieu of degree.
- Strong research and data analysis skills.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of databases, SQL, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and ResultsPlus or experience with other donor management databases.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.