Position Type: Casual – no guarantee of hours
Pay Range: $15 per hour
Locations: Eagan, MN & Hastings, MN
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The Domestic Violence Relief Advocate will work open shifts in both of our 24-hour safe shelters to provide resources, temporary shelter, and basic needs to women and children fleeing domestic and sexual violence. Staff will support individuals and families while increasing connections with the community, teaching life skills, setting boundaries, providing encouragement, and facilitating meaningful and respectful communication.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains safety and security within the Lewis House.
- Completes intakes on women and children seeking services.
- Provides appropriate services in response to intake, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or through a referral basis.
- Maintains accurate logs and data for statistical purposes as well as narratives for service delivery provisions.
- Provides family-centered support as identified in the family intake form.
- Collects data with respect to the program evaluation including assessment data, progress, and support provided.
- Respond to the hospital for domestic and sexual assault exams during scheduled work times, and/or as directed by the supervisor.
- Occasionally arranges for and accompanies women to appointments when necessary, including court hearings.
- Available to work a variety of hours per week, including daytime, overnights, and holidays, with no guarantee of hours.
- Calm, non-judgmental, demeanor when subjected to traumatic and emotional personal life stories
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, environment, utilizing independent decision making and prioritization skills
- Proficient communication skills in English – both written and verbal
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and database systems
- Comfortable working in a residential setting
- Minnesota Mandated Reporter training; either successful completion of or enrollment and completion of training at the first available opening after hire
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a human services or closely related field and one to two years of related experience in a shelter or residential facility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with women and their children who have experienced domestic abuse, sexual assault and/or are in crisis. This includes demonstrated mentoring skills, knowledge of resources and ability to teach positive parenting.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Candidates with a valid driver’s license, insurance, and acceptable driving record.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.