2 Positions Open
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, school year only
Locations: Garlough Elementary & Friendly Hills Middle School –ISD 197
Languages: Spanish speaking preferred
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Type: Part-Time, 20 hrs/week, school year only
Locations: Kennedy Elementary School – Hastings, MN
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The principal purpose of this position is to create a trusted link between home and school by providing parents with tools and strategies to ensure children achieve and sustain school success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success and promote long-term self-sufficiency.”
- Follow mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Work cooperatively and professionally by building relationships and trust with school staff and families to successfully meet the needs of the school and the families with respect to school success.
- Initiate contact with school staff in order to target families of students who are not demonstrating academic success and gather tools from school staff in order to engage parents in creating a home environment that encourages learning and promotes increased parental involvement in school.
- Provide ongoing support and follow-up to ensure parents are following through on strategies recommended by the school and communicate progress made at home to school staff.
- Follow-up with referrals from school staff, 360 Communities co-workers, self-referrals and community partners.
- Complete family intake based on family strengths, needs and risks (school success as it relates to academic success, basic needs, isolation, informal and formal support systems, child maltreatment, child neglect and domestic abuse).
- Provide appropriate service coordination in response to intake and family plan, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or through a referral basis (this may include, but is not limited to: targeted services, home visitation, advocacy, safety planning, resource referral, transporting students/families, and wrap around facilitation).
- Identify service barriers and work to remove them through engagement of the community and linking to formal and informal supports.
- Link community partners with high-risk students, families and neighborhoods.
- Collect data and maintain accurate records for statistical, evaluation and funding purposes.
- Participate in the training and provision of meaningful work for volunteers
- Participate in the development, coordination, and implementation of community building events.
- Attend and actively participate in Partners for Success team meetings, trainings and all-staff events.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
Education and/or Experience:
- Secondary language preferred or required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; and 1 to 2 years’ experience working with families who are experiencing stress, in crisis, and/or who are isolated (this includes demonstrated mentoring skills, knowledge of neighborhood resources, and ability to teach positive parenting).
- Applicants must have experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
Professional Abilities and Skills
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Typical office environment, exposure to fax machines and copiers, computers, scanners and printers.
- School environment.
- Home setting environment.
- Employee is subject to minimal noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb stairs, bend, kneel, sit on the floor, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 25 lbs.
- May require independent travel to other locations with unknown environmental conditions and noise levels.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.