Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non- exempt
Locations: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The principal purpose of this position is to provide financial assistance and guidance to families and individuals while creating a welcoming, trusting and safe environment.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Provide financial assistance for individuals and families accessing help for rent/mortgage, utilities, emergency car repair or other emergencies.
- Work cooperatively, build, and maintain relationships with partner agencies, churches and Dakota County to secure funding for financial assistance.
- Complete a thorough intake and screening process using a with each client requesting financial assistance. Work with clients to understand their unique circumstances and how 360 Communities can support them.
- Provide appropriate service coordination, using a holistic approach, in response to intake and financial situation, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or on a referral basis to other community and/or county services.
- Offer ongoing support and services by the Resource Center Family Support Worker to financial assistance clients. Provide the appropriate introduction and transition of services to clients who would like ongoing support and services.
- Follow all funding requirements and guidelines to ensure stewardship of funds made available to 360 Communities clients.
- Support the Food Shelf and Site Coordinator and provide backup assistance when necessary. Collaborate to cover open volunteer shifts when necessary.
- Work cooperatively and professionally supporting volunteers in all areas, including in the collection of data and maintenance of records for statistical, evaluation, and funding purposes.
- Share resource knowledge, teach and support volunteers as they answer the main phone line, schedule intakes and food orders and provide one on one support through the intake process.
- Ensure seamless communication with other agency programs (Violence Prevention services, Partners for Success®, etc.) regarding families accessing services through the resource center, to ensure holistic services to children, families and individuals.
- Identify service barriers and work to remove them through engagement of the community and linking to formal and informal supports.
- Follow mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Maintain safety and security of the resource center and food shelf by following all safety and security procedures and communicate appropriately.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
- Work requires a high level of emotional capacity and hearing traumatic and personal life stories.
- 1-3 years related experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Applicants must have experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Secondary language preferred.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Candidates with a valid driver’s license, insurance, and acceptable driving record.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.