Title of Position: Housing Support Worker
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Pay Range: Starting at $17.00 per hour
Locations: Primarily a remote position; occasional time in Burnsville and/or Rosemount, MN
Closing Date: open until filled
About the Organization:
Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a non-profit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our staff and volunteers work with the community and strive to fulfill our mission daily.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The purpose of the Housing Support Worker is to provide housing advocacy, resource navigation and referrals, application assistance, and support to families and individuals throughout Dakota County.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
- Provide community resource support at the Dakota County Housing Clinic (DCHC) during initial eviction hearings at Dakota County courts. Supports also provided through housing clinics at various sites across Dakota County.
- Provide access to housing advocacy, emotional support, ongoing support and follow-up with clients to support housing stability.
- Provide financial assistance navigation and application assistance for individuals and families facing eviction (ex. navigate emergency assistance application process, refer client to other funding sources, or provide funding through 360 Communities financial assistance process).
- Work cooperatively, build, and maintain relationships with partner agencies, Dakota County and other organizations to strengthen client experiences with community resources supporting housing stability.
- Complete a thorough intake process with each client to determine appropriate services and referrals.
- Provide follow up and short-term case management with clients to identify goals related to their financial and housing stability (i.e. budgeting tool, employment resources, debt management, etc.).
- Provide appropriate service coordination in response to intake and goals, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or through a referral basis to outside programs and agencies.
- Follow all funding requirements and guidelines to ensure stewardship of funds made available to 360 Communities clients.
- Ensure seamless communication with other agency programs (Violence Prevention services, Partners for Success®, etc.) regarding families accessing services through 360 Communities Housing Support Services, to ensure holistic services to children, families and individuals.
- Identify service barriers and work to remove them through engagement of the community and linking to formal and informal supports.
- Follow mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Maintain safety and security by following all safety and security procedures and communicate appropriately.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Experience working with socially, economically, or culturally diverse populations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and use of database systems.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, acceptable driving record, and personal auto insurance with limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check prior to employment.
- Secondary language fluency
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.