Position Type:Full-time, Exempt. May include some nights and weekends.
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
360 Communities is seeking a dynamic leader responsible for developing and implementing Human Resources (HR) strategies and initiatives aligned with the organization’s overall business strategy and goals. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for a wide range of HR duties, including recruitment, engagement, training & development, compliance, compensation, in-house payroll, and benefits.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated HR knowledge, attention to detail, experience balancing long-term planning with the urgency of immediate demands, and is able to optimize an engaging, healthy, and values-based workplace for both staff and clients.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human resources – general
- Create, implement, monitor, and improve HR strategies, tactics, and procedures across the organization
- Examine, develop, revise, implement, and communicate organization policies, procedures, and related documents, as it pertains to payroll, employee relations, benefits, and legal requirements
- Support current and future business needs through the recruitment, development, engagement, motivation, and retention of the workforce
- Assess development and training needs; implement training and development plans, and coordinate training programs, sessions and seminars
- Facilitate conflict resolution, advising, coaching and counseling involving employee issues, complaints, and grievances;
- Support management and employees in the resolution of job performance issues.
- Coordinate annual performance appraisal system; assist managers and supervisors in performance management procedures; develop annual compensation and benefit programs
- Maintain organizational charts, lists, and detailed job descriptions
- Lead annual workplace survey including the collection, summarization, and communication of employee feedback
- Nurture a positive and healthy working environment
- Produce and submit reports to management and leaders and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment and payroll laws, including required communications
- Maintain confidential, ethical, respectful, and open communication with employees
Recruitment and development
- In consultation with organization leaders, manage and implement recruitment strategies that ensure the organization is staffed appropriately in alignment with strategic objectives
- Provide expertise, guidance, and assistance to recruit, interview, select, and hire staff, utilizing equitable and inclusive processes and practices
- Develop and implement recruitment plans that ensure a qualified and diverse candidate pool connects with 360 Communities, including the use of social media, job boards, databases, newspapers, school boards, etc.
- Work with hiring managers to develop a recruiting strategy for each posting; lead the process including methods, questions, screening, interviews, candidate analysis, verifications, and offers
- Maintain a complete record of applicants, interviews, and new hires, ensuring all legal and grant requirements are met
- Ensure high-level onboarding practices are in place to ensure new hires feel welcomed and are prepared for success
- Serve as primary point of contact for employees and benefits vendors
- Distribute benefit information and enrollment packets to new employees and to all benefit-eligible employees during open enrollment periods, including developing open enrollment presentations and booklets
- Prepare and deliver correspondence to ensure everyone understands the entirety and value of benefit plans
- Complete enrollments and terminations, coordinate with third party administrator for disability claims, COBRA, etc.
- Maintain employee files and update records as needed
Payroll and accounting support
- Perform all aspects of in-house, biweekly, payroll process to ensure it is completed timely and accurately for all staff, including processing of biweekly, quarterly and annual, reporting, tax filing, employee benefits, and record keeping
- Complete payroll journal entries in accounting system
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees, including employment verifications
- Perform daily electronic bank deposits to maintain administrative separation of duties
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or a related combination of experience and education
- Two years of broad human resources experience
- Payroll experience, including time and attendance, payroll processing, and tax filing
- Experience examining and improving systems, policies, procedures, and operations
The ideal candidate possesses
- Experience building a welcoming and engaging workplace culture
- Passion for inclusion and equity
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices with in-depth understanding of labor legislation
- Experience developing and implementing HR strategy
- Experience processing in-house payroll
- Experience implementing new systems and software
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Human resources certification
- Nonprofit experience
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.