Position Type: Hourly
Locations: Dakota County
Closing Date: December 6, 2019
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The principal purpose of this position is to provide direct services to victims of domestic and sexual violence and act as a liaison between 360 Communities advocacy services and other professionals and resources in the community.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Provide holistic advocacy services and resources including safety planning, child/adult education, community connections/resources, housing, financial, legal (excluding legal advice), building support networks and other services/resources as apparent.
- Coordinate volunteers to attend court hearings with clients and manage court calendar.
- Initiate follow up with victims for ongoing case management.
- Respond to the hospital for domestic and sexual assault exams during scheduled work times, and/or as directed by the supervisor.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all community partners and provide training/education and feedback to improve response to victims.
- Work alongside supervisors and Community Educator to represent 360 communities at events and presentations; may include presenting to large and small groups.
- Arrange appointments and accompany clients as necessary.
- Maintain accurate logs and data for statistical purposes including program evaluation data.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Assist in shelter as directed or necessary.
- Pursue training opportunities.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years related experience and/or training is preferred, but will train the right person.
- Completion of 40 hour sexual assault certification training preferred, but will assist in obtaining
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate non-judgmental professional decision making skills.
- Experience with socially, economically and culturally diverse populations
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, and use of database systems.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is preferred.
- Some outreach positions require employees to be the handler for victim support dogs.
Professional Abilities & Skills:
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.