Position Type: Full-time, 30 hours per week Wednesday through Friday 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., non-exempt
Locations: Eagan Lewis House
Pay Range: $18.54 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization:
360 Communities is a growing and innovative nonprofit founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers providing services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
360 Communities is seeking a compassionate Overnight Domestic Violence Advocate to provide resources, referrals, and support to individuals and families who have experienced domestic abuse and/or sexual assault. This includes promoting safety planning for the individual and/or their children, as well as goal planning for these individuals including but not limited to: securing housing, employment, and the assistance in submission of orders for protection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
- Follow all mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Maintain health, safety and security standards of Lewis House.
- Complete intake with women and children seeking services.
- Provide appropriate services in response to intake, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or on a referral basis to outside agencies.
- Engage in ongoing follow up related to resources, goal and safety planning with individuals.
- Maintain accurate electronic and written logs for statistical and grant reporting purposes as well as provide written narratives of successful service delivery as requested by supervisor.
- Arranges for an accompanies women to appointments when necessary.
- Participate in the training and provision of meaningful work for volunteers.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, training sessions, events and conferences as directed by supervisor.
- Respond to the hospital for domestic and sexual assault exams during scheduled work times.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
Education and/or Experience
- 1-2 years of related experience. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Completion of 40-hour sexual assault certification training preferred, but will assist in obtaining if needed
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision-making skills.
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations, specifically with children and families.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, and use of database systems.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check prior to employment.
Professional Abilities and Skills
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Shelter environment.
- Office environment; consistent use of computers, copiers, scanners, printers, and fax machines.
- Work requires a high level of emotional capacity.
- Requires hearing traumatic and personal life stories.
- Employee is subject to minimal noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb stairs, bend, kneel, sit on the floor, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 25 lbs.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.