Title of Position: Resource Center Family Support Worker
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non- exempt
Locations: Rosemount, Minnesota
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The principal purpose of this position is to create trusted relationships with families to provide stabilizing resources and ongoing supportive services with a focus on delivering long term safety and stability that improves lives.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Follow mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Work cooperatively and professionally by building relationships and trust with volunteers, staff, community partners and families to successfully meet the needs of the families.
- Proactively identify families using the food shelf and working with the financial support worker who are in need of and would like more in depth support and follow up related to their specific needs.
- Follow-up with referrals from volunteers, 360 Communities co-workers, self-referrals and community partners.
- Complete family intake based on family strengths, needs and risks (domestic and sexual violence, basic needs, housing, county and community resources, employment, child maltreatment and neglect, etc.…).
- Provide appropriate service coordination in response to intake, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or through a referral basis (this may include, but is not limited to: housing resources, financial assistance resources, county social services, etc.).
- Ensure seamless communication and partners with other agency programs (Lewis House, VPI Outreach, Sexual Assault Services, Partners For Success®, etc.) regarding families accessing services through the resource center, to ensure holistic services to children, families and individuals.
- Identify Goals and create strategies based on individual needs of families/individuals that are identified through intake and follow up conversations.
- Provide ongoing support and follow-up to ensure individuals are following through on community referrals, goals and strategies.
- Identify service barriers and work to remove them through engagement of the community and linking to formal and informal supports.
- Assist in linking community partners with 360 Communities Resource Centers to provide services to families.
- Collect data and maintain accurate records for statistical, evaluation and funding purposes.
- Participate in the training and provision of meaningful work for volunteers
- Participate in the development, coordination, and implementation of community building events.
- Attend and actively participate in Community Resources team meetings, trainings and all-staff events.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
- Work requires a high level of emotional capacity and hearing traumatic and personal life stories.
- 1-3 years related experience required.
- Applicants must have experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Secondary language preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience in lieu of degree will be considered
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.