Title of Position: Rosemount Food Shelf and Site Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, exempt
Locations: Rosemount, Minnesota
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
The principal purpose of this position is to oversee the general operations of the Rosemount Resource Center Site and Food Shelf. This position develops and leads a strong volunteer base as it related to food shelf operations. This position focuses on creating a dignified shopping experience focused on client choice as well as healthy and culturally specific foods
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Follow all mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect and ensure volunteers are trained and follow the same requirements.
- Oversee the supervision, scheduling, on-going training, and orientation of all volunteers, community groups and interns (when appropriate) to ensure that quality services are maintained.
- Co-lead in collaboration with the Food Shelf and Site Coordinators, the planning and facilitation of volunteer meetings and food shelf leadership meetings.
- Provide oversight of food shelf operations to include order placement, coordination of food delivery, and warehouse inventory control
- Stay up-to-date on food recalls, TEFAP regulations, food safety, and training as required for the position
- Maintain external relationships for community outreach and coordination of food drives
- Identify un-met community needs, new service delivery strategies and community challenges as it relates to food. Work with the Director of Programs and Operations to design and implement new service delivery strategies.
- Oversee the daily operations, health and safety requirements necessary for operation of the food shelf and resource center site.
- Provide direct services to individuals and families when needed. This may include filling open volunteer shifts and covering volunteer roles when there is a need.
- Ensure seamless communication and partner with other 360 Communities supervisors and coordinators (Food Shelf, VPI Services, Partners for Success, etc.) to build cross program collaboration.
- Comply with professional standards in areas of ethics, confidentiality and boundaries. Uphold 360 Communities safety and security procedures. Work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
- Collect data and maintain accurate records for statistical, evaluation and funding purposes.
- Demonstrate commitment to work with diverse populations. Support volunteers in continuing to learn and grow in their cultural competency. Build equitable services and access.
- Participate in the training and provision of meaningful work for volunteers
- Participate in the development, coordination, and implementation of community building events.
- Attend and actively participate in Community Resources team meetings, trainings and all-staff events.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the volunteers.
- Responsible for directing, motivating, developing, evaluating and reviewing volunteers work.
- Managing volunteers, preparing work schedules, and assigning projects and duties.
- Monitoring and controlling resources used by volunteers.
- Interview and train new volunteers, or oversee those personnel processes
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
- Work requires a high level of emotional capacity and hearing traumatic and personal life stories.
- 3-4 years related work experience required. 2-3 years related experience working with volunteers preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Secondary language preferred.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.