Position Type: Hourly
Pay Range: $18.54/hr.
Locations: Dakota County, MN
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
Provide resources/referral/support to individuals who have experienced sexual assault. This includes promoting safety planning for the individual, providing emotional support as well as goal planning for these individuals.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Respond to hospital calls at Fairview Ridges and Regina hospital as a member of the team of staff and volunteers trained to respond.
- Provide crisis intervention, emotional support, information and referrals to sexual assault victims and their family members.
- Provide ongoing support to survivors through follow-up with medical care, law enforcement proceedings and with other supports.
- Facilitate weekly sexual assault support groups for adolescents and adults.
- Completes intakes with individual seeking ongoing services and supports.
- Provides appropriate services in response to intake, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or on a referral basis to outside agencies.
- Maintain accurate data for statistical purposes as well as narratives for service delivery provisions.
- Partner with staff regarding working with victims of sexual violence in order to provide holistic support and services.
- Assist in developing plans for Sexual Assault Awareness month in April
- Assist in developing and implementing an outreach plan to raise awareness about sexual violence and 360 Communities sexual assault services.
- Participate and assist in the development of a SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) within Dakota County.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of 40-hour sexual assault training prior to employment
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision making skills.
- Secondary language preferred.
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.