360 Communities Child Care Aware staff coach child care providers in Dakota County with research-based best practices for preparing children for school. This involves supporting providers as they work to earn Parent Aware Star Ratings.
The Parent Aware Star Ratings program supports and improves upon the strengths of child care programs, and also helps parents identify quality programs. Child care providers can distinguish themselves by earning up to four stars. All star-rated programs go above and beyond licensing requirements to support school readiness.
Participating Parent Aware programs have:
- Volunteered for extra, in-depth training.
- Devoted themselves to strong, caring
relationships with each child.
- Adopted the latest approaches to keeping
children’s learning on track.
- Committed to daily activities and routines that
help children learn.
- Placed a focus on children’s health and safety.